Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Activities

To continue on, I have been trying to think of all the activities that I want to get involved in.

For one, there is rugby. In Vina, there is a Sporting Club that has a team. But, Sigrid played on the team last semester and didn't have the best experience. However, there are other teams in the area that I am looking into. Sigrid has a friend who plays for the University de la Plancha team. I think we might go to practices on both teams, to see what feels better.

I also want to volunteer at TAC, a community center for kids in Valparaiso. I still have to talk to Lizette about the details of what is required to be a volunteer there and what I would be doing. It is something that interested me slightly when I first heard about, but has interested me more and more as I spend time here.

Scarlett, being pseudo-California girl, is very interested in surfing, and has found a place that rents gear, offers lessons and provides transportation for about $30 - which is a great deal for a day of surfing. Hopefully we can get out there and do it sometime soon, even though it is still rather cold out.

There are also sailing lessons that are offered in ConCon. According to an ISA year-student, the lessons are two hours long, once a week for eight weeks, and only cost $100. Although it might be a bit of money to spend on leisure activities, I figured that if it is something we are interested in doing, it will probably be cheaper to try it here than back in the U.S.

So these are some of the things that I want to try, and we will have to see what happens.

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Kristina, this sounds like some intersting things to do. When will classes start for real.....