Sunday, August 12, 2007

Gotta get back into running...

The week before I left the states, I had really gotten into running. And I have been doing it here, but rather sparingly. I need to get back into the habit.

I run from our house, down the hill towards the ocean. I run along Av. España towards Viña del Mar. Usually I run for about 25 - 30 minutes until I reach the Sheraton at the end of Av. Alvares in Viña and run back. Today I needed to do a long run, so I continued past the Sheraton on Av. Marina and into Vina. I got to about 6 Norte when I turned around and headed back. In Vina, the route was a lot nicer because the street along side was much smaller. In all, my run took about an hour and 25 minutes.


(a map of Valparaiso, including where I live, study [partly], and run)


(a map of Vina, including my usual and longer running routes. The longer distance I need to go, the more I'll just continue up thee coast!)

Although getting beeped at and getting various comments is very common, I still like this route. Alongside the ocean, I can always stop to take a look. Running here is also good because I only need to cross two streets the entire time. I can't wait to run further to Renaca and maybe ConCon....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope they are good comments

-chris and ken

Kristina G. said...

creepy actually... but i still haven't found a word for that in spanish :-P

Donny said...

nice running maps you got together for us readers. running along the ocean, thats awesome