Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Closing time...

Today is Wednesday, November 21st, 2007. As of yesterday, I had exactly 30 days left in Chile and have been here for five months already.

Thinking about having already been here for such a long period of time is amazing, since it has gone incredibly fast. I remember meeting the girls that came early with me in the airport and our day in Santiago before everyone got there, then meeting everyone else, and our tour of Santiago. It feels like yesterday that we sat in the basement conference room and had Lizette tell us lots of things about Chilean culture, most of which were spot on, and we have seen over our time here. And then all the adventures that followed in Valparaiso.

Thinking about leaving is equally as amazing, because Chile is such a huge part of my life now, and I don't feel like my time is up here. Before I left, I made a list of places I wanted to see (which is in the right hand column). Included were places in Chile, as well as Macchu Picchu and Buenos Aires. I have seen some of these places, and I have seen others that I didn't expect to see, but there is still so much of Chile and South American that I want to explore. And although I am excited to see everyone when I get home, leaving my life here is going to be hard too. Going to the airport, getting on the plane, and going home makes me anxious, more anxious than leaving I think.

One thing that I do know is that this is not my last time here - I want to come back, see the things that I didn't see and see all my friends again. Another thing that I know is that I have to aprovecha my time here, and make the most of what remains with my Chilean life.

No comments: