Sunday, July 29, 2007

Late Nights of Knitting

Yesterday was a pretty relaxed day. After sleeping in, eating lunch, saying goodbye to Crystal, and moving into my new room, Sigrid, Angelica, and I ventured to Vina to buy yarn. Sigrid has been looking to learn how to knit, and I decided to pick up some yarn to make a scarf to keep me warm!

We then made a quick stop to the grocery store before going over to Gisela's house, where we were going to do some knitting and eat once. Gisela has two ISA girls living at her house, Michaela and Scarlett. Maria Teresa, another ISA mom, was also coming over to join the party. Sigrid and I knitted, giving me the opportunity to learn a lot of different knitting terms in Spanish that I don't think I would have learned otherwise.

After knitting and tea, we had once (which is like a late night snack), that consisted of mini pizzas on bread and chocolate cake. Nine women (Gisela, her mother, her daughter, Angelica, Maria Teresa, Sigrid, Michaela, Scarlett, and I) sat around the table and talked about lots of different things. It was interesting to hear the moms talk about former students that they had living with them and the advice they had to give.

One thing was clear, they are always happy when students do something with them. Since we are part of their family for this semester, they want us to do the types of things we would do if we were in their family: go to the store with them, go to the movies with them, visit their friends houses, etc. They are opening up their home and they expect us to go through the door and live as they live.

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Hej igen, det laater ju helt fantastiskt! Vad trevligt att de verkligen vill spendera tid med er och göra kul saker!
Kram
mamma