Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tests and Papers and Studying, oh my!

They half-way point of my time in Chile has come and gone, which brings a lot of mixed feelings, but it also brings the half-way point of the semester here, which means one thing: midterms.

This week, I have one exam in history (which involves 60 pages of reading on the history of Valparaiso from 1820-1880), a take-home essay for art (encompassing all of the reading that we have done so far in the class- too much to think about), and next week I have my first test in montanismo.

Needless to say, I have been reading a lot, studying a lot and trying to make sure I can handle whatever my first exams in Chile look like. I knew I was here for study-abroad, but this amount of work is verging on what I do in the U.S.!

I'm also writing this post to procrastinate studying more... I've read too much about immigration to Valparaiso and Valparaiso's expansion as a port...

1 comment:

Donny said...

i remember when the feeling of STUDY abroad set in. when i wanted to go out and have fun, but i actually had tests and papers to write! don't they understand we have limited time here?! sheesh!